Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend - A Much Needed Rest

I really need to learn to sit down at designated times to update this blog..entries once a month aint going to cut it.

I figured I would share a few things I did over my Memorial Day weekend, since I was very active and had a blast.Thanks to all of those American soldiers who make it possbile...

One of my good friends came to visit from Milwaukee, so naturally we had to take him to a very Floridan meal of crab. The best part about the meal is becoming animalistic - eating with your hands, butter and juicy goodness dripping, and then if your happy and you know it, you BANG your mallet on the table. The whole look is complete with a giant bib and believe me, you need it!



Mangos, mangos everywhere! Mango smoothy for breakfast, mango in your fruit salad for lunch, tacos with mango salsa for dinner. My mango tree is in full force. I would give out my address so that you can taste one of the delicious mangos for yourself, but that would be opening myself up for stalkers.

I live with this fellow, named Bret, and one other female. We have collectively decided that every Tuesday is officially Tequilla Tuesday and Bret has to wear this poncho, which he loves.

My little monkey friend. Not really, he is not as cool as Abu from Aladdin. This lilttle guy wouldnt shake your hand unless you gave him a dollar.

Took advantage of the beautiful Florida outdoors this weekend. I went kayaking, bike riding, and on an airboat ride through the Everglades. I didn't get to see any gators out there, but I was surprised to find that the "sawgrass" will indeed cut you!

Ahhh...so relaxing. Everything is better at the beach. The waves were calm, the beer was cold, and the thongs were out. Lots of people flocked to bank in the sun this weekend. My only complaint was the cost of parking - I'd say I paid about $20- $30 for parking in a matter of 3 days.

Do me a favor, if you have a boat and live in South Florida please call me. Let's be friends! This picture was taken from South Intlet Park in Boca Raton on Memorial Day when I was on a bike ride. Such a beautiful place!

This week I have bee getting ready for yet another trip to Italy. This time I will be gone for a whole month, but I will be a hop and skip away from Venice, which I expect to explore. Be on the lookout for that!

Until next time and hopefully that wont be next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment