Monday, February 28, 2011

5 Things I wish I could blow my tax return on...

 1. Zebra Lovin' - The lovely table you see to your left. Cute and simple. I am going to attempt my own version of this look on some TV trays that I picked up this weekend from a yard sale (Seen on right)
I got a set of 4 (one is broken I will have to see
if I can give it some TLC and bring it back to life). But, I was thinking for colors: coral and white. Look: antiquated and weathered. ZigZags are in!! I am going to be busy in the next couple of weeks, so we'll see when I get around to this...

pic of table via Das le Townhouse
http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com/ 

 2. Clock Work Orange - Look by Anthropology
Clocks+Random assortment+Indy look = LOVE
Not sure if it will flow with my ideas for my place, but still a very clever way to showcase some retro clocks that would otherwise never have a home. 














3.  Stick a Fork in it -Found at Pier 1 - you can't tell from this picture, but this is made of wood and it's about three or four feet tall, with what seems like contact paper on top and the fork is actually made with chalk paint! I once found a giant fork in a thrift store and my love affair with giant cutlery began. I have always had a soft spot for chalk paint; for some reason it's like a phenomenon to me.
4. Stay a while Coat Hanger - Urban Outfitters-It's practical and girlie without being too girlie and you don't see them too often these days.I just need one end of story.














 5. Bad to the Bone Leather Jacket-  iOffer.com (originally from Banana Republic) is an eBay type site check it out!

I live in South Florida, so this purchase would be a stretch but it's gorgeous and there is a cool breeze about one week a year down here. I wouldn't want to catch a cold, right?





Hope things went well for all of you this tax season! I just keep repeating to myself: Save Save Save...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think your tv table will look awesome with a fancy paint job! The project is super simple, but I do have a post about how I did it: http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com/2010/12/diy-painted-useless-table.html. Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the info! Looking forward to it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the coat hanger. they have really cute ones on CB2. Maybe you can buy one of these things. Hey a girl needs to shop every once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete